Friday, January 16, 2009

BOOK REVIEW OF THE WEEK

ONCE AGAIN TO ZELDA Every once in a while, I will post some information about what I have been reading, but only if it is something that
  1. I am willing to admit I have read
  2. I think you will enjoy
  3. I couldn't put down.Okay, maybe I could have put it down but i makes me look smart if I read it.
I now know why I will never be a writer. While I have suffered, it is obvious from this book that I have not suffered enough.

The stories behind the dedications to the books listed run from the tragic, to the more than tragic, to the most horrible thing I have ever heard. The authors are listed in chronological order and as we approach the present, the suffering does diminish somewhat. The real tragedy was that I missed the tragedy, I missed the suffering, I missed the mayhem of the dedications.

If you love books, gossip and information that is only needed to win a Trivial Pursuit Game (with others with the same literary addiction) then this is the book for you.

(Should be made into a movie, oh, hell, many of them already have! Sylvia, In Cold Blood, The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man in the Moon Marigolds, Shindler's List )

Read it...it's what we Minnesotans call a hoot..when we're not freezing our butts off that it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares